I-40 Bridge Update: Day 43 of 57 Construction Days
July 25, 2002, 12 noon
* Contractors poured span three early this morning and are expecting to pour concrete on span four (the last one) during overnight hours tonight.
* Currently working on rebar of span four.
* Working on slab connecting the bridge to the west bank.
* It is possible that the whole bridge could be open as early as Monday, July 29.
* Once open, contractors will alternately close lanes for guardrail work, striping, etc.
* Contractors will then focus their efforts the final touch-ups of the bridge and returning the river bank to its original state.
ODOT Public Affairs will notify you once the opening date can be determined. Please check your emails or this website over the weekend for any type of update as the information may not be available until then.