PDF format requires
an Adobe Reader 7
- Poster entries must provide a positive message and focus on solutions to Okahoma's litter problems.
- Use only 11" x 17" or 12" x 18" art drawing paper or posterboard.
- Must be student’s ORIGINAL slogan and artwork, and be age appropriate within grade categories.
- NO glue; NO glitter; NO attachments; NO signatures on front of posters!
- NO syndicated, copyrighted, or clipart images!
- NO computer-aided or copy-machine poster entries!
- NO profanity; NO sexually explicit content; and NO drawings of a suggestable nature allowed.
- Attach FULLY COMPLETED ENTRY FORM to back of poster in “upper right corner”.
- Reproducibility factors into judges' decisions. Use good lettering, high contrast and bright colors.
- Please follow all poster contest rules or face disqualification of poster entry.
- Poster must be an ORIGINAL concept.
- Posters should be artistic, POSITIVE in approach and wording, and focus on solutions to Oklahoma’s litter problems.
Poster entries must be sent or delivered to your local County Department of Environmental Quality Office. The DEQ Offices judge each county’s posters and send the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place county winners in the four grade categories to the main DEQ Office in Oklahoma City by the end of February. The ODOT Beautification Office then coordinates the state judging in March. Poster entries are judged with regards to:
- Quality of design
- Creativity and originality of the artwork
- Creativity and originality of the slogan
- Appropriate theme using “positive” approach and wording
- Age appropriateness for the grade category entered
- Correct Spelling
- Following Trash Poster Contest rules
- Fully completed and legible entry form