PDF format requires
an Adobe Reader 7
- Use 12" x 18" OR 11" x 17" heavy paper or poster board ONLY.
- Must be student’s original slogan and original artwork. No signatures on posters!
- No syndicated, copyrighted or clipart images on poster entries!
- No computer aided or copy machine poster entries.
- No cusswords or sexual content or drawings of a suggestable nature allowed!
- Attach COMPLETED ENTRY FORM on back “upper right corner” of poster.
- Reproducibility factors into the judging, so use good lettering, high contrast and bright colors!
- Entries must be received by your local County Department of Environmental Quality Office by the last business day in January.
- Please follow poster contest rules or face disqualification of poster entry.
- Poster must be an ORIGINAL concept.
- Posters should be artistic, POSITIVE in approach and wording, and focus on solutions to Oklahoma’s litter problems.
Poster entries must be sent or delivered to your local County Department of Environmental Quality Office. The DEQ Offices judge each county’s posters and send the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place county winners in the four grade categories to the main DEQ Office in Oklahoma City by the end of February. The ODOT Beautification Office then coordinates the state judging in March. The posters are judged on:
- Quality of design
- Creativity and originality of the artwork
- Creativity and originality of the slogan
- Appropriate theme using “positive” approach and wording
- Age appropriateness for the grade category entered